[A-DX] JSWC 50th anniversary program

  • Subject: [A-DX] JSWC 50th anniversary program
  • From: "walter eibl" <we@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:57:37 +0100

Subject: The very final JSWC 50th anniversary program

The special broadcast in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of Japan Short Wave Club (JSWC) was scheduled on 15/16 December 2002 from Adventist World Radio, Guam, but unfortunately it was not held due to the heavy damage to the transmitters caused by a typhoon hit on the island in the beginning
of last December.

The Japanese broadcast of AWR was resumed a few weeks ago, and according to the AWR Reverend Masaru Kawagoe, the program will be on the air as follows.

Station: Adventist World Radio from Agat, Guam
Language: Japanese and English
Date, time and frequencies:
25 January 2002 / 2100UTC / 11960,11980kHz
26 January 2002 / 1300UTC / 11755,11980kHz

Program host: Masaru Kawagoe  Guest: Toshimichi Ohtake (JSWC member)
Program contents:
Since our club’s special broadcasts have already taken place 3 times by the Japanese service of AWR in 2002, we have received many reception reports
for the second broadcast on 19 August 2002 from all over the world.
So this time, these reports will be introduced during the regular program by the Reverend Kawagoe, with a guest Toshimichi Ohtake, a senior member of
JSWC.
It is a special bi-lingual, an approximately 20 minutes-long program just
after the opening ID at 2100/1300UTC.

A special QSL card from JSWC will be issued for correct reception reports
sent to:

Japan Short Wave Club (JSWC), 50th Anniversary Committee,
P.O.Box 138, Yokohama Port,  231-8691 Japan.

Please write your report in English and enclose 1 IRC or U.S. 1 dollar bill.

Source of information: Masaru Kawagoe, AWR / Toshimichi Ohtake, a member of
JSWC

It may be the final opportunity for you to get our special QSL card, so please do not miss to receive the program and send us your reception report
!!

Finally, we would like to express our deep gratitude to all of you who have heard our club's messages, as well as the broadcasters kindly cooperated to
convey them in last year, 2002.
And we hope your continuous support of our club activities in the future as
well.

With kind regards,

Nobuya Kato,
A volunteer staff of JSWC