[A-DX] [dxld] VOA Radiogram, Oct 25-26: shortwave in the news

Roger
So Nov 2 17:15:12 CET 2014

Am 02.11.2014 um 00:37 schrieb VOA Radiogram:
> ....Thank you for this report. And thank you for switching to Fldigi 3.22.00 for a second test of the 8PSK-125.
> This weekend, 8PSK-125 had some success in Europe, but it's no match for MFSK32.
> Best,
> Kim

I think 8PSK modes are only useful if the connection goes over one hop
This time I had to make several decoding attempts before I got the
8PSK-125 text halfway complete.   For 8PSK you need audio in O = 4-5
quality, otherwise you can forget it.
Whether LSB, USB, S-DSB, each time just another part of the text was
perfect.
Such a narrow mode - that's nothing for the side band of a radio
transmitter - this is a waste of bandwidth, with the risk of erroneous
synchronisation.
A combination mode of 2xMFSK-32 or 3xMFSK-32 would make more sense, the
bandwidth would be available, the mode would remain robust.

http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2014-11-01.htm

roger