[A-DX] MSF Abschaltung

Christoph Ratzer
So Sep 7 22:41:11 CEST 2014

MSF Zeitzeichen auf 60 kHz wird kommenden Donnerstag zwischen 11-15 Uhr UTC, oder GMT wie der Engländer lieber sagt, abgeschaltet.

Southgate
September 5, 2014

The MSF 60 kHz time and frequency signal broadcast from Anthorn Radio Station will be shut down on Thursday 11 September 2014 from 10:00 to 14:00 BST (09:00 to 13:00 UTC).

The interruption to the transmission is required to allow maintenance work to be carried out in safety.

If you require any additional information, please contact us at:
www.npl.co.uk/contact-us

Or alternatively please see our website:
www.npl.co.uk/time

(Our thanks to Tony, G4CJC for spotting this item)

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2014/september/msf_outage_notice.htm#.VAywGo10zDc

The MSF 60 kHz standard-frequency and time signal, broadcast by Babcock on behalf of NPL, is occasionally taken off-air to allow maintenance work on the masts and antennas at Anthorn Radio Station to be carried out in safety. This means that your radio-controlled clock will not be picking up the MSF signal, so may not be working correctly.

The duration of each outage period will be kept to a minimum, and the signal may be back on-air prior to the times given above.

(more at http://www.npl.co.uk/science-technology/time-frequency/products-and-services/time/msf-outages )

(via BDXC)

73 Christoph

--