[A-DX] VOA Radiogram, 22-23 August 2015

Roger
So Aug 23 15:02:41 CEST 2015

Am 21.08.2015 um 14:17 schrieb VOA Radiogram:

> Hello friends,
>

> I just discovered this very good YouTube video explaining the VOA
> Radiogram concept ...
>

> http://voaradiogram.net/post/126838190562/video-from-finland-explains-the-voa-radiogram
>

> This is in addition to the YouTube videos of VOA Radiogram
> produced each week by Tim, K0RUS ...
>

> https://www.youtube.com/user/K0RUSHam
>

> Shortwave propagation was difficult during the weekend of 15-16
> August, but it was a good workout for the text modes.
>

> The Mighty KBC will transmit a minute of MFSK64 -- with a very
> vertical image -- Sunday at 0230 UTC (Saturday 10:30 pm EDT) on 9925
> kHz, via Germany. It's part of the KBC broadcast to North America
> Sundays 0000-0300 UTC. Reports for this KBC transmission to Eric:
>

> Because of a major paper deadline last weekend, followed by a busy
> week of audience research, I fell even further behind answering
> your emails.  I will get back to the emails today. If you would like
> to see the gallery of MFSK32 images from program 119, 11-12 July 2015,
> it can be downloaded from here ...
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj98h9uf4ilt9xf/VOAR119_gallery.pdf?dl=0
>

> I hope you can tune in and write in this weekend.
>

> Kim

The backscatter conditions last night were too weak.    The decoding of
the vertical image failed.
But one thing now seems to be clear:  RSIDs do not love the demodulation
in AM / S-AM.
Here you should always try the variant via pure LSB or USB (during bad
conditions).
On the other hand MFSK can use the contents of the two sidebands
simultaneous positively.  (if no interferences are present). Not all
digital modes can this.

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/VoA_Radiogram_2015-08-22.htm#KBC

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/VoA_Radiogram_2015-08-22.htm#VOA

roger