[A-DX] fwd: VOA Radiogram, 31 Jan/1 Feb 2015

Roger
So Feb 1 15:25:54 CET 2015

Am 30.01.2015 um 15:34 schrieb VOA Radiogram:

> Hello friends,
>
> The most interesting event from last weekend’s program was the
> inaudibility, in much of North America, of the Sunday 0230-0300 UTC
> transmission on 5745 kHz. The signal was somewhat better in Europe. I
> tried several remote receivers and finally found a good signal on a
> receiver in Venezuela.
>
> The experiment with the thirty-second tuning signal seems to have
> succeeded, so we will do it again this weekend. After the voice
> introduction, the MFSK32 RSID will be transmitted once. If Fldigi is
> not tuned to an audio frequency near 1500 Hz, use the tuning signal to
> center the tuner to the correct frequency.
>
> The bonus mode of the week will be CW. There is no RSID for CW, so, if
> you use Fldigi to help “copy” the CW, change the mode manually. It
> will probably also help to set the CW transmit speed to 15 WPM so that
> Fldigi receives at or near the 15 WPM used for the bonus CW
> transmission. …

The CW decoding with FLDIGI was not very good. I chose the purely
optical method, the beepers in the side view. Nevertheless, I do not
understand the hidden message in it.
Clearly, February 3rd, but what the heck is 5XIII ??

http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2015-01-31.htm
<http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2015-01-31.htm>

roger