[A-DX] BBC beendet Mittelwelle via Zypern

Daniel Name auf Wunsch gelöscht
Mi Feb 4 13:33:29 CET 2015

Nachdem die BBC-Mittelwelle 1323 kHz aus Zypern ja schon mal
abgeschaltet und dann nach Protesten wieder eingeschaltet wurde, wird im
April wieder der Schalter umgelegt:

BBC World Service English to end medium wave radio in Eastern
Mediterranean on 1323kHz in April

The BBC announced today that the English language radio broadcasts to
the Eastern Mediterranean - including Israel, much of Lebanon, Cyprus
and southern Turkey - will end on 25 April 2015.  Director of BBC World
Service, Fran Unsworth, says: “Our English language service will still
be available via satellite and on the internet - which is increasingly
how our audiences tune in. However, we cannot identify a financially
viable method by which to continue medium wave radio. It is for this
reason that we have decided to end these transmissions.“

Audiences in the region will be able to listen to BBC World Service
English 24 hours day through the direct-to-home satellite service on
Eutelsat 13 (13° East, 11,117 MHz Vertical) or through the internet at
BBCWorldservice.com

Quelle: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/statements/mw-eastern-med

73,
Daniel