[A-DX] Perseus Recorder

Franz DX
Fr Feb 27 13:55:18 CET 2015

Hi Mauno,

thank very much, that is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

Yes, you´re right, I used StationList with VSPE, not com0com. So that
seems to be one of the reasons for the unreliability? On the other
hand, on the StationList website, Jürgen Bartels says:

"Note: only one application can connect to com0com at a time.
If another application is connected to Perseus via com0com,
Stationlist cannot connect unless you use VSPE"

To be honest, I did not succeed in getting com0com to work on my
Laptop, that´s the main reason I used VSPE. I hope I havent outed
myself too much as a computer idiot in stating that I could not get
com0com to work, but most of the time I feel like that idiot ;-)

O.K., I have noted as my homework (priority list): 1. test unattended
recording reliability of HDSDR with my Perseus, 2. test PRS 3. test
reliability of StationList again with com0com (if I suceed in getting
that to work).

All the best from sunny Dresden to hopefully also sunny Finland,

Frank