[A-DX] Shortwave Radiogram, 16-17 Dec: five modes

Roger
Mi Dez 20 19:29:32 CET 2017

Am 15.12.2017 um 22:14 schrieb  [dxld]:

> Anticipating poor reception most places during this half hour, the
> Sunday 2330-2400 UTC show on 11580 kHz will be entirely in the very
> slow Olivia 128-2000 mode.
> Details and schedule:
> http://swradiogram.net/post/168569845272/shortwave-radiogram-16-17-december-2017

I had a few thoughts on the original AF level of FLDIGI.  MSFK modes and
the RSID have -3 db, the OLIVIA modes only -4 dB.
For the next "SWRG Slow Edition"  it might be an interesting test, if
there were a short 1 minute block  with an OLIVIA64-2000 mode original
-4 db   +   1 minute  normalized to -1 dB.
Own tests with a mix of white noise (in audio software) were effective.
Especially with weak digital signals, 3 dB more audio level makes the
difference (with a remaining headroom of 1 db)
Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/SW_Radiogram_2017-12-16.htm#AF-amplification

roger