[A-DX] Tribute Sendung

Name gelöscht
Fr Jun 26 17:12:16 CEST 2020

kam via BDXC
das Px wird über div NL LPAMs und  zusätzlich via 6095 ausgestrahlt
73 ABo

Radio pioneer AJ Beirens passed away at the age of 73. He had been seriously ill for a long time. The past month his health had deteriorated so much that he opted for euthanasia.
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/06/26/radiopionier-aj-beirens-overleden/

Jan Oosterveen wrote today on Facebook:

June 26th,2020 Goodbye to A.J.Beirens.

The name A.J. Beirens does ring a bell with most shortwave and offshore radio enthusiasts in the 1970’s.

A.J. as he is called was a big supporter of shortwave used for offshore radio.
The first years of the 70’s he presented a programme NORTHSEA GOES DX. For this programme he used the 2 shortwave transmitters on board the MEBO II that were even hear as far away as Australia

He is also known as a radio presenter on Radio Atlantis, founded his own news service, wrote several books and during 30 years he was a correspondent for BBC and VRT.

In May 2020 he wrote Hans Knot that he was not doing so well, his illness took so much of him that practically nothing came out of his 'pen' and still wanted to try to write some memories.

Last Monday he wrote a very brief statement to Hans telling he had decided to leave life this Friday June 26th.

Today Radio 0511 and Radio Emmeloord join forces as we transmit a programme produced by Paul de Haan called A tribute to AJ. In this programme you can listen to a part of the very last NORTHSEA GOES DX from Saturday August 31, 1974. The programme will start at 18.00 Middle European Time (16.00 UTC). It can be heard on a lot of frequencies as well as several streams.
747kHz, 1485kHz and 1602kHz in Groningen and Friesland. 1224kHz and DAB+ channel 8D in NoordOost polder and a part of Northern Netherlands. Also it can be heard on 675 kHz.

For this special occasion and to honour the shortwave work of A.J. we also switch on our shortwave transmitter on 6095 kHz which will blast the program all over Europe with a power of 125 kW.