RE: [A-DX] QRM durch Minidisc-Recorder MZ-R70

  • Subject: RE: [A-DX] QRM durch Minidisc-Recorder MZ-R70
  • From: mvarnhem <mvarnhem@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:03:08 +0100

Hallo Rick und Liste,

Sorry for my reply in English, but that's easier/faster for me than writing
in German.
Several years ago I bought a Sony Minidisk Recorder. I if am right, it was
also a MZ-R70.
My intention was to use this Minidisk Recorder during travelling together
with my Sony receiver 7600GR.
I was amazed and very disappointed to find out that this minidisk recorder
produced heavy QRM. The recordings were useless.
I contacted Sony Holland and they denied the existence of this QRM, but they
were interested to test the same combination of receiver and recorder.
After some time I received a phone call and they told me that they made the
same observations as I did: heavy QRM.
They also informed me there was no possibility to solve the problem.
Because this recorder was useless for me, they offered me to return the
recorder and to pay back the money.
Nice of Sony, however I still am looking for a recording device which I can
use during travelling to make recordings from my receiver.
I am still using a small, but already old, Sony cassette recorder, but I am
afraid that this recorder on one day or another will cease operations.
So, if somebody has a solution for recording with a small device from my
Sony 7600GR, I will be happy with it.
(No problem to receive replies in German!).
73
Max van Arnhem
Holland