Re: [A-DX] AFN on 14000 kHz

  • Subject: Re: [A-DX] AFN on 14000 kHz
  • From: HaraldKuhl@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 11:44:56 EDT

 From:    gs@xxxxxx (Guido Schotmans)

Heard AFN from around 1045 on 14000 kHz USB with clear signal. AP Network news at 1100. Clear signal until 1250 when German Ham stations started QSO in USB on same freq. complaining about AFN's frequency choice. But of course they where also not following the rules because on this frequency,
 only CW is allowed.

As far as I know there is no law that prohibits hams to use 14000 USB for
voice traffic. But I agree that all hams should follow IARU band plans
voluntarily.

vy73
Harald
DL1ABJ