[A-DX] Monitoring the Disaster Communications

  • Subject: [A-DX] Monitoring the Disaster Communications
  • From: Christoph Ratzer <christoph@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:28:27 +0200

Für alle die Richtung USA hören.

73 Christoph

Dear CHRISTOPHER,

As America reels from the acts of terrorism against our country, radio
communications networks have been activated, many of which are receivable nationwide. Totally unexpected, a large amount of the voice communications
are in the clear.

Monitoring Times has established a dynamic website which lists active
frequencies throughout the spectrum, from shortwave through VHF and UHF,
carrying incident-related communications. Visit this site often for updates:

http://www.grove-ent.com/attack/attack.html

As diabolical as yesterday's acts were, the resolve of Americans to
persevere is clear. The age-old adage, "In Union there is Strength," takes
on special meaning. Today I'm especially proud to be an American.

Bob Grove

Bob Grove    W8JHD
Founder, Grove Enterprises and Monitoring Times