[A-DX] Wantok Radio Light PNG

  • Subject: [A-DX] Wantok Radio Light PNG
  • From: "paul gager" <aon.912332257@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 15:25:46 +0200

mit bunter QSL Karte nach 60 Tagen/1USD als Rückporto.. Front mit landestypischer Wohnungsstätte in der Natur. Davor drei Personen mit je einem Empfänger in der Hand. Rückseite mit allen E.- Details wie 7120khz Datum Time Namen.
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wantok Radio Light
P.O.Box 1273
Port Moresby
N.C.D.
PNG
.
Brief Auszug:
..We have been amazed at the number of reports we have received from varoius parts of the world. How interesting that you heard us in ..while on holiday.[..] Our station is located in a shipping container on the outskirts of Port Moresby,PNG. Our transmitter is a Crown TB1000 which is an all solid state transmitter capable of 1kW output. Our programming is simulcast with our FM programs at the moment but we hope to soon split the programs between Shortwave and FM.

Our antena is supported by wooden poles similar to utility poles and the antenna consists of two dipoles with ladder line between them. We feed the antenna with coaxial cable. The antenna feed point is slightly off-center to "steer" the beam toward the northeast and toward the center of PNG. The antenna is know as a NVIS or Near Vertical Incidence System.

Wantok Radio Light is a Christian radio station that serves the entire country with Christian music and teaching. We currently have, in addition to the shortwave transmitter, an FM station in the capitol city of Port Moresby and 8 satellite fed " satellators" located in 8 cities of PNG. We are in the construction mode for the FM network and hope to have 12 stations by the end of 2006.

Pidgen is one of the many languages of PNG. "Wantok" is the Pidgen word for "One talk"(same language) which means "friend"

..we are missionaries and serve with a US based group, HCJB World Radio Missionary Fellowship with headquaters in Colorado Springs, CO.

Best of DX

73,
Paul