[A-DX] Re: [BDXC-UK] Dutch R1 to move temporarily to 648kHz via Orfordness

  • Subject: [A-DX] Re: [BDXC-UK] Dutch R1 to move temporarily to 648kHz via Orfordness
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 16:49:09 +0200

648 kHz, die gute alte Mittelwelle als Lückenfüller. 73 wb

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Pennington" Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011

from Media Network today:

Dutch Radio 1 to move temporarily to 648 kHz
August 1st, 2011 - 13:17 UTC by Andy Sennitt.

All the necessary approval has now been received from the UK, and we can
officially announce that Dutch public news/information network Radio 1 will
shortly begin broadcasting on 648 kHz via the former BBC World Service
transmitter at Orfordness. This will enable Radio 5 to return to its regular
frequency of 747 kHz where it has been supplanted by Radio 1 following the
fires at two Dutch FM transmitter sites on 15 July.

Arrangements for the temporary broadcast via the UK are being handled by my colleagues in the RNW Programme Distribution Department. The exact time when broadcasts will start on 648 kHz is not yet known, as the transmitter has to
be tested, but we expect it to be on the air in the course of tomorrow (2
August).

The mediumwave transmission of Radio 1 will remain on the air 24/7 until all
areas of the Netherlands can receive strong signals on FM. There are still
some areas where FM reception is poor, and this is expected to last for a
number of weeks.

http://blogs.rnw.nl/medianetwork/dutch-radio-1-to-move-temporarily-to-648-khz