[A-DX] Sachen zum Lachen.

  • Subject: [A-DX] Sachen zum Lachen.
  • From: Christoph Ratzer <ratzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:58:04 +0200

KAZAKH GOLD MEDALLIST IS PLAYED BORAT ANTHEM IN
KUWAIT

“Kazakhstan industry best in the world. We invented toffee and
trouser belt. Kazakhstan’s prostitutes cleanest in the region. Except
of course Turkmenistan’s.”

Kazakhstan's shooting team has been left stunned after a comedy
national anthem from the film Borat was played at a medal ceremony at
championships in Kuwait instead of the real one.

The team asked for an apology and the medal ceremony was later rerun.
The team's coach told Kazakh media the organisers had downloaded the
parody from the internet by mistake.

The song was produced by UK comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for the film,
which shows Kazakhs as backward and bigoted. . .
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17491344
(via Brock Whaley, Afghanistan, DXLD) I love stories like this

73 Christoph

--
http://remotedx.wordpress.com