[A-DX] Fwd: VOA Radiogram for 29-30 June 2013

H. Denzel
Do Jun 27 18:36:49 CEST 2013

73 Harald

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E‑Mail:

Von: Harald Denzel <>>
Datum: 27. Juni 2013 18:30:31 MESZ
An: Harald Denzel <>>
Betreff: Fwd: VOA Radiogram for 29-30 June 2013

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E‑Mail:

Von: VOA Radiogram <<mailto:>>
Datum: 27. Juni 2013 18:16:23 MESZ
An: VOA Radiogram <<mailto:>>
Betreff: VOA Radiogram for 29-30 June 2013

[cid:]

Thanks to everyone who sent reception reports to VOA Radiogram for the weekend of 22-23 June. Response was down somewhat, probably because of the many radio amateurs participating in Field Day during that weekend. I'm grateful that some of you found time to tune in to at least one VOA Radiogram at, or after, Field Day.

EasyPal

Last week's switch to 4-QAM EasyPal images, which require 7 minutes each to transmit, did not seem to result in many more successful decodes. For a real comparison between 4-QAM and 16-QAM (requires only 2:40), this weekend we will transmit both.

The result is that about ten minutes of VOA Radiogram for the weekend of 29-30 June 2013 will be devoted to EasyPal. Apologies to those of you who do not have the EasyPal software, or cannot get it to work. After this weekend, we will reduce the EasyPal transmissions to one per broadcast, once or twice a month. Please let me know how much interest you have in EasyPal.

Three listeners have devised interesting methods to help decode EasyPal images. See:
<http://voaradiogram.net/post/54018596203/voa-radiogram-easypal-decoding-tricks><http://voaradiogram.net/post/54018596203/voa-radiogram-easypal-decoding-tricks>voaradiogram.net/post/54018596203/voa-radiogram-easypal-decoding-tricks<http://voaradiogram.net/post/54018596203/voa-radiogram-easypal-decoding-tricks>

MultiPSK

The new release (4.24) of MultiPSK is now available from <http://f6cte.free.fr> f6cte.free.fr<http://f6cte.free.fr> .  The new version can decode MFSK32 and MFSK64, as well as MFSK images, and so would be of interest to VOA Radiogram listeners. An interesting feature is a slant adjust for MFSK images. You might try running Fldigi and MultiPSK simultaneously, and compare results.

VOA Radiogram, 29-30 June 2013:

2:31  MFSK16: Program preview
4:19  MFSK32: VOA News: "super-earths"
2:05  MFSK32: Accompanying image
:23  MFSK32: Introduction to MFSK64
2:15  MFSK64: VOA News: China space mission
2:53  MFSK32: Accompanying image
:33  MFSK32: Introduction to EasyPal
7:00  EasyPal 4-QAM: "super moon" in Greece
2:40  EasyPal 16-QAM "super moon" in Singapore
1:08  MFSK16: Closing announcements
:24  Surprise mode of the week

We’re still especially interested in...

1) Reception on less expensive shortwave portables -- although not to the exclusion of reception on your transceivers and SDR receivers, which do generally provide more successful decodes.

2) Your audio samples of difficult reception which nevertheless results in a successful decode of at least one of the MFSK text modes.

Good listening and good decoding,

Kim

Kim Andrew Elliott
Produce and Presenter