[A-DX] [dxld] Digital text modes via shortwave broadcast weekend of May 4-5

Roger
So Mai 5 09:41:21 CEST 2013

Am 04.05.2013 14:36, schrieb kd9xb:
MFSK modes also on The Mighty KBC, with new frequency 9925 kHz.
Information at:
voaradiogram.net/post/49587553626/mfsk-modes-at-various-speeds-on-the-mighty-kbc

Kim

The new 9925 kHz KBC I could also hear here in Germany.
My position to Nauen ===> Petersberg (near Halle) 207 °     135 km/84 miles
That means: reception via ground-wave, because in terms of the
space-wave I was in the dead zone/skip zone.
http://www.rhci-online.de/LATEST__2013125011500_Juliusruh.PNG
http://www.rhci-online.de/PQ052_2013125011500_IO_Pruhonice.PNG
http://www.rhci-online.de/DB049_2013125011500_IO_Dourbes.PNG

The signal strength was good, but the modulation quality did not make me
happy.
This sounded tinny out as a metal tin .....
Significant problems I had with the MFSK64 mode. Here I took several
runs in decoding, LSB, USB, with and without FLDIGI AFC .... etc. +
"human text-correction" of valid lines
(possibly distorted due to side-beam radiations of the ground-wave)

The reception of the VoA from America/North Carolina (radiogram on
17680kHz) was compared to a lot much better......
Here is the decoded text from the 9925kHz:
http://www.rhci-online.de/2013-05-05__KBC_Radiogram_9925kHz.htm

QTH: D-06193 Petersberg/Germany
ANT:  Dipol for 40mBand       RX: IC-R75 + STUDIO1 + FLDIGI

roger