[A-DX] {dxld} Reception of VOA Radiogram on 5745 27Oct2013 from Victoria, BC

Roger
So Okt 27 08:28:28 CET 2013

Am 27.10.2013 04:13, schrieb Walter Salmaniw:
> I happened to be listening this morning, briefly, at 16:00 on 17860,
> and reception was excellent.  I didn't save any screen shots, though.
>  I noted an Olivia transmission at the end, which didn't seem to be
> present during the 02:30 broadcast.  Unfortunately, at my QTH, the 49
> meter band has a lot of evening noise which makes reception difficult.
>  Nonetheless, the only transmission mode not coming through was the
> MFSK 128 mode, both with the standard 128, and with the 128L mode.  It
> was about 25% decipherable.  The 128 image did not come through, but
> the other images did.............
>   73, and thanks, as always to Kim Elliott for providing this
> interesting service!   Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.

Yes, even from me, a big thank you to Kim and his regular test broadcasts.
As a result, I got a good skills in decoding of digital radio
broadcasts, in addition to MFSK-modes even with PSK31 and Easypal .....
With the unannounced sporadic digital-broadcasts of radio amateurs I
would have never reached this level.
(and there were also good exercises for me to "html"....... ;-)
http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2013-10-26.htm

roger