[A-DX] VoA Radiogram - Reception in Japan and New Zealand this weekend

Roger
So Mär 2 17:07:45 CET 2014

Am 02.03.2014 15:19, schrieb VOA Radiogram:
> Hello friends,
> This weekend, I was pleased to receive a report from T.W. in Shimane,
> Japan, for his reception of the Saturday, 1600-1630 UTC broadcast
> on 17860 kHz, all the way from North Carolina.
> T.W. made this YouTube video of his reception. You can watch his
> decoding, and decode it yourself on Fldigi from the audio of the
> YouTube video...
> http://youtu.be/xoKSw7d1cwo
>
> The decode was predictably difficult, but the Olivia 64-2000 was
> perfect.....
>
> I also received my first report from New Zealand for the Saturday 0930
> UTC broadcast on 5745 kHz. It's from Chrisin Wellington. The MFSK32 in
> the first half of the show was perfect, as was the Olivia 64-2000......
>
> Last weekend I received a report from New Zealand for the Sunday
> 1930-2000 UTC broadcast on 15670 kHz, so there is still a chance of
> more Asia-Pacific reception and decodes later today.
>
> Kim

Here in the target area of 17860 KHz there were also with the faster
Olivia modes, no problems.
Due to the good reception level I had probably at least 10 db SNR
protection buffer.
Digital transmission of text with good error protection - it can also
benefit areas beyond the supply.
Only in digital image transmission in the MFSK mode I see no real
advantage in comparison to analog SSTV.
Anyway, it makes sense to use the widest possible part of the
audio-frequency range for the information.

http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2014-03-01.htm

And at the end of this html as usual a few EASYPAL images - this time by
a Romanian radio-operator from Bucharest.

roger