[A-DX] [HCDX] 162 Allouis France

Roger
Sa Jan 7 23:52:55 CET 2017

Am 07.01.2017 um 22:26 schrieb Glenn Hauser via Hard-Core-DX:
> It`s the so-called Luxembourg Effect, ionospheric cross-modulation. Search on that for all about it. 73, Glenn Hauser

> On Wed, 1/4/17, David Freeborough<>  wrote:
>
>   Subject: [HCDX] 162 Allouis France
>   Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2017, 8:37 AM
>
>   Even when France Inter audio was
>   present on 162kHz, I could always hear low
>   level audio below from other French language longwave
>   stations. I had
>   assumed this was due to cross-modulation in the receiver,
>   but now see
>   others are observing the same effect. Do we think it is
>   reverse
>   intermodulation in the Allouis transmitter?
>
>   David Freeborough
>   G1JLE

The effect is also quite good to hear on the WEB-SDR in Twente.
This receiver is in an ideal position for this constellation.
Here you can see the way of the waves on a map:

http://www.rhci-online.net/radiogram/VoA_Radiogram_2017-01-07.htm#LX

(I always need maps for better understanding ..... ;-)

roger