[A-DX] Fw: RADIO NEPAL IS BACK ON SHORTWAVE - UADX

Wolfgang Bueschel
Do Sep 13 11:06:51 CEST 2018

FYI
läuft da gar nur der Exciter testweise ?

73 wb df5sx
wwdxc germany

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarath Weerakoon"  4S5SL
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018
Subject: RADIO NEPAL IS BACK ON SHORTWAVE - UADX

> Hi Wolfy,
>
> Here's the story !!!
>
> 73 Sarath

BREAKING NEWS

Radio Nepal is back on short-wave after six years by adding 5005 kHz to
augment its national transmission grid broadcasting on MW and FM. According
to a station official, Radio Nepal resumed short wave broadcasts from
02.00 - 5.00 p m Nepali time using a 10 kW transmitter at Khumaltar,
Lalitpur in Kathmandu . The same source said the station is applying very
low power. By all accounts, 5005 kHz is a difficult Dx catch for listeners
outside of Nepal. Nepal is 5 hours and 45 minutes ahead of UTC.
(Sarath Weerakoon, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 11 Sept 2018)

Picking up on this both Sarath 4S5SL and I (GVG 4S7VK) started looking for
it and here in Sri Lanka on my Perseus SDR there is a faint line and further
checking with the IBB/VOA Run Perseus SDR in Delhi, there is even a stronger
line which left at 1120 UTC more or less confirming. Even though the station
is running its old 10 kW power cant be more than a 1 kW or so.

But the greater news is that Nepal is now available on Short Wave for DXers
and it took UADX to tell the DX community. Sarath thanks again for your
Investigative DX Journalism. This is what UADX is all about.

No automatic alt text available.