[A-DX] DARC Radio now daily on C292

Roger
Do Jan 3 17:18:29 CET 2019

Am 02.01.2019 um 21:21 schrieb Alan Gale:
> Hi All,
>
> The latest Channel 292 schedule now shows that DARC Radio, the German
> Ham Radio
> News programme which usually goes out on Sundays and Mondays, will now
> be daily
> on 7440 kHz from Monday to Saturday at 1600 to 1700 UTC as well. The
> high power
> broadcasts continue on Sundays as per normal on 6070 khz.
>
> The schedule shows this right up to the end of January, but whether it
> continues
> after that we'll have to wait and see. This should at least allow more
> distant
> members the opportunity of hearing it now I would think.

Interesting time slot, exactly at the gray hour.
Coincidence or intention?
However, the direct path to NZL goes completely through the darkness.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz5y9y5mn0bozbt/2019-01-03_ch292_DARC.png?dl=0

Currently weak in southern Spain and Iceland,
reasonably usable in northern Scandinavia, where there are more elks
than shortwave listeners. ;-)

foF2 ~ 3,5 MHz        7,4 MHz > 1300 km.....

roger