[A-DX] Ente im DX Telegramm?

  • Subject: [A-DX] Ente im DX Telegramm?
  • From: Erich Bergmann <e.bergmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 20:12:11 +0200

Hallo,

Ich wünschte mir schon immer Zeitreisen. Heute im RÖI-DX Telegramm war es
soweit. Unter den Tips kam die Meldung das am 18 August die
Kurzwellensender von VOA in Rhodos eingestellt werden... Dies geschah aber
genau vor drei Jahren, siehe auch weiter unten.

73
Erich

Aus BC-DX #526:

I assume the IBB will replace the 1260 kHz installation at Archanguelos-
Rhodes island and move that MW channel to Cyprus isl., because the SW
facility on same Rhodes place nearby, just across the bay was closed on
August 18th, 1998 already. Very golden sandy beach coast line was handed
over back to the Greek govt. Would be a fine place for holiday
accomodation resort.

I saw this

1260 Rhodes two mast construction, on air towards 134 degrees,
during my holiday trip to Archanguelos beach in 1987:

(Rhodes Isl) VOA - Exact date not definite yet, but it looks like Rhodes
may go off SW sometime next week, possibly at 0600 Aug 18. Current
schedule is:
0400-0600 9865 Ar, 1700-2100 6040 Ar, 2100-2200 6040 En.
(Dan Ferguson-USA, Aug 13, 1998)

VoA eliminating the shortwave site in Rhodes-GRC (in fiscal year save
1,200,000 dollars and 27 positions). (BBCM via AGDX, Mar 6, 1998)