From: Scott Westerman [mailto:scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2000 5:46 PM
To: Name gelöscht
Subject: Re: Reception Report for World Beacon

Dear Martin:

We're pleased to confirm your reception of the World Beacon African
Service
on the times and frequency you reported.

Our QSL cards are still at the printer, but be assured that you will
receive
the official first edition the minute they arrive.

The World Beacon is owned and operated by our company, Affiliated
Broadcasting Corporation. We are headquartered here in Jacksonville,
Florida
with offices in major North American Cities, The West Indies, Great
Britain
and South Africa. Our sister corporation, Affiliated Media Group, is one
of
the largest Christian advertising agencies in the world, providing media
and
public relations services to major ministries, philanthropic
organizations
and Christian musical acts. In addition to radio, we control large
blocks of
television time and magazine space around the world, which we provide to
our
clients to further their mission activities.

The idea for the World Beacon was born five years ago when my partner,
Affiliated Founder and CEO Ray Davis, visited Trinidad and Tobago. Our
clients had a desire to do mission work across the globe but did not
have a
single source to help them develop and broadcast radio programs.

A unique feature of our network is the focus on African American
ministries.
To our knowledge, we are the first radio network broadcasting a
comprehensive schedule of African American created programming to
Africa.

We lease transmitter time to facilitate our broadcasts. The broadcast
you
heard came from the BBC transmitter located in Rampasham, England. It's
500 kW unit beamed South toward the African continent. We also have a
100 KW
transmitter owned by Sentec in Meyerton South Africa, broadcasting daily
from 1600-1800 UTC on 6145 Khz. I'd be interested to know how that
frequency
sounds from your location.

Our official launch will happen in May, when we move from temporary
studios
to a new facility here in Jacksonville, Florida. At that time, we will
also
increase the bandwidth of our link between Jacksonville and London,
which
should significantly improve the audio quality you receive. May I send
you a
note when the move is complete to enlist your feedback on the improved
equipment?

Thanks again for your note and best wishes from all of us at the World
Beacon.

Scott Westerman
President
The World Beacon