Re: [A-DX] 3815 kHz

  • Subject: Re: [A-DX] 3815 kHz
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel_web" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:18:34 +0200

Diese Meldung vom vergangenen Dezember:

4625 kHz from Numbers & Oddities #89:

>>From a usually well informed source, I received interesting info about
UVB-76 (not UZB-76) a.k.a. "The Buzzer".

The exact location is 40 km North-West of Moscow, half-way between
Zelenograd and Solnechnogorsk. The facility is being operated by the army.
It is a communications hub of the General Staff of the army (Uzel Svyazi
Generalnogo Shtaba Armii). Earlier notes that state that this station
belongs to the Strategic Missile Troops are said to be incorrect.

The tx is a 15 kW "Molniya". The station is using a horizontal multi-wire
dipole ""VGDSh". The antenna farm is near the village of Lozhki.

According to my contact this channel is part of a network that transmits
coded orders to military units, civil defence objects and recruitment
centers ("Voyenkomaty"). The recruitment centers reportedly monitor UVB-76
around the clock.
(Christian Zietz-D, A-DX Dec 5, 2004 ! )