[A-DX] RRI

  • Subject: [A-DX] RRI
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 00:10:40 +0200

Die schon sehr lange erwarteten Renovierungsarbeiten und der Senderaustausch
auf Kurzwelle in den drei RRI Senderzentren haben am 19.5. 0000 EEST begonnen.
wb

Their website www.rri.ro

http://www.rri.ro/art.shtml?lang=1&sec=8&art=11871

http://www.rri.ro/art.shtml?lang=2&sec=240&art=11898

http://www.rri.ro/cat.shtml?lang=6&sec=82

http://www.rri.ro/cat.shtml?lang=6&sec=82

shows details:

CHANGES IN RRI'S FREQUENCIES
You'll soon receive RRI's broadcasts on the short-waves in better
conditions.

     On May 18th 2008, at 21.00 hours GMT, the transmitters in Galbeni,
north-eastern Romania will stop functioning and will be replaced by Radiocom
with new 300 kW short-wave transmitters. That is why in the following months
you can listen to RRI's broadcasts on fewer frequencies. The programs will
be broadcast by our transmitters in Tiganesti, near Bucharest.

     The programs broadcast by the transmitters in Saftica, near Bucharest,
the internet and satellite transmissions, as well as the broadcasts and
rebroadcasts of RRI's programs by WRN will not be affected by the change.

     In summer, after the new transmitters of Galbeni start functioning,
most of our programs will be broadcast by those transmitters, to allow us
upgrade the rest of our old short-wave transmitters, which become more and
more obsolete, and replace them with 300 kW transmitters in Tiganesti and
100 kW transmitters in Saftica.