[A-DX] TIS - Highway Advisory Radio Empfang in Mitteleuropa?

Marc Coevoet
So Apr 27 21:51:53 CEST 2014

op 27-04-14 21:20, Christoph Ratzer schreef:
> Guten Abend A-DXer,
>
> ist jemand aus unserer Runde bekannt ob eine dieser kleinen US Highway Advisory Radio Mittelwellensender, auch bekannt als Travelers Information Stations („TIS“) schon in Mitteleuropa gehört wurden?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelers'_information_station
>
> Thomas Rösner hatte ja erst vor wenigen Wochen über eine TIS QSL aus Utah berichtet. Im Autoradio in Utah gehört.

It would be a good idea to switch some Fm radios to AM(°), and traffic
indeed, as we can see how close the tx are in France on 107.7: you can
follow the trak of the highways, just by looking at the tx sites ...

http://dxradio.dommel.be/fmmaps/107.700/index.htm

other freqs:
http://dxradio.dommel.be/fmmaps

(°) to AM: I think about Radio Maria in Belgium too .. (1512, 50kw?)

Marc
http://shortwave dot tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations dot tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages dot tk