Re: [A-DX] BBC stellt Falkland- Sendungen ein

  • Subject: Re: [A-DX] BBC stellt Falkland- Sendungen ein
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel_web" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:58:46 +0100

GRIECHENLAND   Und die US Propagandabehörde IBB-BBG stellt alle Aussendungen
aus Rhodos und Kavalla demnächst ein. Wobei sich mir nicht erschliesst,
warum die 1260 kHz Aussendung nach Nordafrika und Nahost obsolet sein soll,
da gibt es noch massenhaft Bush-Feinde, die seelisch massiert werden müssen.

73 wb

- - -

Over the past decades there have been tremendous changes in communications,
broadcast media and technology. Our transmitting stations in Kavala and
Rhodes rely primarily on SW and medium wave radio txion, formats that are
expensive to operate.

Although SW was the focus of international broadcasting for many decades, SW
broadcasting stations have declined in importance as traditional audiences
have shifted to more popular local media such as FM radio, the Internet and
television.

The realities of funding, technology and audience preferences have made it
impossible to continue our SW and medium wave radio transmissions from the
facilities in Greece. We have informed the Govt of the Hellenic Republic
that we plan to terminate our Agreement for the operation of the
transmitting stations in Greece.
(Kim Elliott in dxld, Feb 24)