[A-DX] LOG: 17.860 kHz 16.02-16.07 utc MFSK16 / Audio lag bei O=3, VoA Radiogram

Roger
Sa Apr 20 19:44:04 CEST 2013

VOA RADIOGRAM

Some listeners requested more time to make adjustments between modes. To
facilitate that, before each long transmission, a brief transmission in
MFSK16
will identify the mode to follow. MFSK16 is chosen for this task because
it is
likely to be decoded even if the faster modes do not decode correctly.

THOR is the featured mode in this edition of VOA Radiogram. In general,
THOR and
MFSK modes are not available in comparable speeds, so they cannot be
tested side
by side. We will transmit THOR and MFSK modes at progressively faster
speeds.

Instead of using the slower versions (THOR 4, 5, 8, 11, 16) typical in
amateur
radio, on this program we will use the faster verions of THOR. They can be
decoded using Fldigi from w1hkj.com. For more information about the THOR
modes,
visit http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/Modes/THORdesc.htm

Here is the menu for this broadcast
(all modes centered on 1500 Hz):