[A-DX] ELAD FDM S2 Hardware-Anforderungen

Per Eriksson
Di Jun 17 19:44:23 CEST 2014

Dear friends,

Since a couple of monts I am running an Elad FDM-S2 on my remote
site. I am using a i7 based Dell Optiplex 790 bought refurbished. It
has 12 Gbyte of RAM, a 128 Gbyte SSD for software and a 3 Tbyte 7200
rpm hard disk for storing audio files. Windows 7 is the operating system.

The decision to upgrade the PC came after the Elad came on board
(before I used a Perseus SDR and a Core Duo based computer). I do not
blame just Elad to be hungry on hardware, it seems that Teamviewer
(for the remote control) needs more and more resources for every new version.

Used on low bandwith Elad is very lean on resources. But if you plan
to run Elad on full bandwith my advise is not to go below i5 or AMD
equivalent. My rig lets me run Elad and Perseus at the same time
without problems.

I would say that a desktop PC with room for a few SATA-drives is far
better than a laptop with external USB-drives. Have tried that to,
and have had some stuttering and compatibility problems, even with USB3.

Have to say that I love the Elad.

All the best from here,

//Per