[A-DX] VOA Radiogram, 21-22 June 2014

Roger
So Jun 22 10:41:46 CEST 2014

Am 20.06.2014 10:49, schrieb VOA Radiogram:
> Hello friends, VOA Radiogram this weekend will be different in that I
> recorded it at a sample rate of 8000 Hz rather than the usual 48000
> Hz. This is because I have not yet configured the new installation of
> Fldigi in my new PC.
>

> Despite the 8000 Hz sample rate, I was able to decode the MFSK32 and
> surprise modes from the recording with no difficulty.  And it probably
> should make no difference in your decoding. But, if it does, please
> let me know. (The audio file I uploaded to North Carolina is only 27
> MB, compared to the usual 160+ MB for the shows recorded at the usual
> 48000 Hz sample rate.)
>
> The Mighty KBC will transmit a minute of MFSK64 Saturday at about 1130
> UTC on 6095 kHz, and Sunday at about 0130 UTC (9:30 pm EDT) on 9925
> kHz. Both frequencies via Germany. Reports to  .
> I hope to respond to all your emails from program 63 before the last
> broadcast of program 64 this weekend. Then, I'll work backwards,
> responding to your very helpful reports sent during my May travels.
> Please tune in and write in this weekend.
>

> Kim Andrew Elliott
>
> Producer and Presenter
>
> VOA Radiogram
>
> voaradiogram.net <http://voaradiogram.net>

As usual, a good quality during the decoding.
8000 Hz sampling rate, this means that 4000 Hz AF are possible.
That should also be sufficient for Easypal. In this narrow DRM-mode only
almost 3 kHz AF are needed.

I think: For the transfer of Hamradio-Data-Audio a WAV-file with 8k
Samplig is more suitable than a lossy (psychoacoustically) MP3 with 44k
sampling in stereo....

http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2014-06-21.htm

roger