[A-DX] Radio Aemme, new MW station fron Italy on 1395 kHz dominating over Radio Atlanta Milano

Antonello Napolitano
Sa Apr 21 17:15:43 CEST 2018

A new station on MW from Italy has finally been identified today. It's Radio Aemme (A Emme is Italian for Ei Em). I noted this mysterious station a few weeks ago but never heard a station ID announcement. Today was the first time. They operate, probably only on weekends, on 1395 kHz, which is the same channel used by another Italian private station, Radio Atlanta Milano.  I listened to Radio Aemme (AM) via a web-SDR in  Cari, Canton Ticino, Switzerland. The signal is fairly-strong but affected by fading, so it's not too much difficult to hear Radio Atlanta Milano, too (And to be sure you are not listening to Radio Atlanta please go their stream at  http://www.radioatlanta.it/allmusicplayer/)

I heard two very simple station identification announcements in Italian at 1443 UTC "Qui Radio Aemme" and at 1500 UTC "Qui Radio Aemme 1395 (Milletrecentonovantacinque) kHz".  Besides that, a lot of International pop songs from 80's.

An updated list of Italian MW stations which are really on the air can be found at: www.dxfanzine.net<http://www.dxfanzine.net>

dxfanzine.net<http://www.dxfanzine.net/>
www.dxfanzine.net
NB: This is a separate section of DX FANZINE, an electronic newsletter which brings together tips and news as contributed by individual DXers or ascertained from different sources.

Antonello Napolitano