[A-DX] TIAMS#030, ==> "JOOK radio listening towers"

Roger
Do Sep 19 16:37:48 CEST 2019

Am 19.09.2019 um 13:13 schrieb Roger:

> Das Jahr 1941 als Baudatum dieser "Propaganda-Säulen" erscheint
> plausibel (Audiozuführung wahrscheinlich über "Drahtfunk"),
> bezogen auf diesen Hintergrund:

In der SWRG-fb-Gruppe:

Takayoshi Sasano:
".....No, this is a monument that "street radio". Roughly translation of
that site: "radio tower(ラジオ塔); In Japan, radio broadcast service starts
at 1925 but radio receiver was too expensive at that time. So public
receiver was settled at street, and year 1941 there was 460 public
receivers. The string "JOOK" is a callsign of NHK radio Kyoto#1 station...."

https://www.nhk.or.jp/kyoto/station_info/history.html

Takayoshi Sasano:
"....Sometimes street receiver might be used as propaganda tool that you
say, but this tower is simply a monument of radio I think. Here is the
article from Wikipedia (written in Japanese, please use Google translate
or something) https://ja.wikipedia.org/.../%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B8%E3%82%AA...
https://tinyurl.com/yyj3jutw

Die etwas holprige Übersetzung in Deutsch:
https://tinyurl.com/y3zwr23g

roger