[A-DX] {dxld} VOA Radiogram, July 5-6 (still on shortwave)

Roger
So Jul 6 11:44:49 CEST 2014

Am 05.07.2014 16:00, schrieb  [dxld]:

> VOA Radiogram this weekend includes news of some rather sudden
> reductions to the shortwave output of the Voice of America and other
> entities of U.S. international broadcasting.
>
> It's all in MFSK32 except for 2 MFSK64 images, and the surprise mode
> at the end of the show.
>
> If you are in the skip zone for 17860 and 15670 kHz, try this SDR
> receiver in the Netherlands http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
>

> The Mighty KBC will transmit a minute of MFSK64 at about 9:30 pm EDT
> on 9925 kHz (via Germany). The image is one of DJ Eric van Willegen's
> fleet of classic US-made cars.
>
> Kim

This time I use the night broadcast (Europe) of KBC    -    Audio was O = 4
But because the RF-cocktail of ground- and sky wave (9925 kHz/Nauen)
FLDIGI had (as feared) only lousy results with MFSK64.
For the correct text it took several attempts in USB / LSB and the
picture was at least sufficient to identify Eric's old U.S. vehicle on
facebook ....

http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2014-07-05.htm

".....VOA Radiogram, grateful still to be on shortwave."

Yes, the (listeners) selective readers will hopefully also grateful.

roger