[A-DX] Basel Dx

Hello everybody,

after a long time i am writing my first notice for the list, just to let you know i am stil alive. Hope everybody has a good start into the new year and maybe also most of you will have a little better receiption on the bands as i have right now.
For a while, quite fine band openings on 60 & 90mB to asia in the early evening in the first days of 2004, as well some very fine signals on 120mB from Australia. Also i was able to hear several times Radio Candip from Bunia on 5066,40 khz. But since around some days, the tropical bands are nearly totaly closed at my Qth - so far, around every second day, i am able to catch some nice signals on the US-X-Band 1610 - 1710 khz with the greyline-propagation between around 6.30 - 7h UTC.... somtimes the signals are realy very good for this low Qrg and time of the day. By the way, thanks to this logs on the X-Band since January 2004, i am more and more interested into MW-Dxing....most surprise to me is the fact, that i am able to receive somtimes good signals there with only a vertical antenna, if i would have a wireantenna directed to the USA or so, - think signals have to be very strong.

Enough talks from me, wish you good receiption from out the blackforest region near Basel.

Yves,  Basel Dx Home