[A-DX] Radio Tatras ab morgen

Hallo,

Radio Tatras will morgen auf 1350 und 9290 kHz starten. QSLs gibt es keine...
Website: http://www.rti.fm/

Hier die entsprechende Meldung aus DXing.info:

Radio Tatras International to activate 1350 kHz in Latvia

Radio Tatras International (RTI) will begin broadcasting from Latvia on 1350 kHz mediumwave on April 9. RTI says to DXing.info that the transmitter is located "on the Baltic coast." According to RTI, this transmitter is enough to cover the Baltic countries, Scandinavia and Germany, but the power and exact location of the transmitter are not disclosed. RTI will officially sign on at 1800 UTC on April 9, although station identifications may be heard already half an hour earlier. Also 9290 kHz shortwave, transmitting from Ulbroka near the Latvian capital Riga, will be used.
RTI's sister station Radio Nord broadcasts in Riga on 945 kHz (2.7 kW), and will relay RTI for the opening broadcast. "We believe 945 is a very good service and should remain as Radio Nord, if people in Latvia prefer RTI then they will have access to us via 1350 which again will be 24/7", says Eric Wiltsher at RTI in an email to DXing.info. "We intend to maximise on the usage of 9290 and are already discussing many exciting things on that frequency."
      RTI will be using FM transmitters in the Latvian capital Riga and in Slovakia (94.2 MHz), but elsewhere the station is only available via satellite and the internet. According to Managing Director Jan Telensky, RTI however aims to become a pan-European broadcaster. RTI is hoping to get more affiliate stations in Europe, and is planning to launch digital DRM broadcasts on the mediumwave band later in 2005. The station will be transmitting in English 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
      Programming is said to include music from the 60's until the 90's, sports, weather and regionalized travel and traffic updates. Local, international and business news are produced by affiliates. "We think that most local stations, unlike 1350, should be local at certain times of the day specifically breakfast, lunch time and afternoon drive home. Outside of that they can be properly networked," Wiltsher explains. Overnight programming is provided by Radio Caroline, and Offshore Music Radio will produce one 2-hour show.
      RTI studios are located in Popras, Slovakia, while the head office is in the United Kingdom, at 1 Northumberland Avenue, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5BW. The telephone number is +44-(0)207-108-6322, and the station can also be contacted by email both in the UK and in Slovakia. However, RTI says to DXing.info that reception reports are not wanted, and will not be verified. "We really can't have people sitting there sending out QSL cards when we have a commercial radio station to run", RTI says.
(DXing.info, April 7, 2005)