[A-DX] Re: [A-DX] DW fühlt sich von DRM.Sendung gestört

  • Subject: [A-DX] Re: [A-DX] DW fühlt sich von DRM.Sendung gestört
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:51:59 +0100

Nein Paul, -- mal wieder DRM --

ich habe die ganze Entwicklung der Deutsch Programm Reporte aus NZL/AUS/PAC
in den letzten 2 Wochen mitbekommen.

Nicht die DWL fühlt sich gestört, sondern die DWL Hörer in der Pazifik.

In Birmingham wurde die DWL Deutschsendung aus Bonaire nach der Pazifik
5 kHz auf 9785 kHz neben eine 100 kW !!! DRM Aussendung aus Madrid auf 9780
kHz registriert. Das war sehr fahrlässig.

Andere haben ja schon vor 5-6 Jahren separate Segmente für anderweitige Modi
gefordert, dann wäre das auch nicht passiert. Siehe windelweiche
Stellungsnahme von Oldrich Cip unten.

Ich hoffe nur, dass die 15 kHz Abstand zwischen R NZi auf 9870drm und DWL
Bonaire 9885am hinkünftig downunder ausreichen.
73 wb

DRM implementation.
The September 8 edition of Whole World on the Radio Dial from Radio Ukraine
International included a report on the HFCC meeting in Birmingham, and an
interview with Oldrich Cip, chairman of HFCC, including this via DX
Listening Digest:

Host Alexander Yegerov:
Are there any problems with implementation of DRM on AM bands?

Oldrich Cip: Yes, there are two folds I would say. One is that coexistence,
if we can call it, with AM is a bit difficult, because the DRM signal causes
interference, it can even remind us of the Cold War jamming or something of
that sort. And that discourages, some Dxers are not very happy about this
kind of interference, and they complain. But we, that I now speaking as a
chairman of HFCC, we are trying somehow to regulate this problem in such a
way that we recommend to our members that the DRM transmissions are placed
in 13 clusters on the band that they are adjacent to each other and they are
not dispersed among AM transmissions. But I must admit that the situation is
not completed, as we would like to have it.
(via WDXC-UK Contact Magazine November; Mike Barraclough-UK, Nov 10)

DRM at IBC.
Martin Peters in the November 2007 Monitoring Monthly in his Europe
Broadcast scene column reports on his visit to the International
Broadcasting Convention in Amsterdam, Europe's largest exhibition and forum
for all things radio with 47,000 visitors and in excess of 1300 exhibitors
from over 120 countries. DRM had a stand but it was reduced in size compared
with previous appearances.

Several examples of DRM radios, many in prototype phase, were in a glass
showcase, four were on a shelf at the rear of the display area but two had
malfunctioned so could not be demonstrated. A car radio from Blaupunkt,
suitable for DRM reception, worked for a few seconds at a time before
failing. After mentioning the Himalaya DRM2009 Martin concludes:

"So, yet another year passes with the mantra of "DRM soon" ringing in our
ears. However if the lack-lustre display at the IBC is anything to go by,
everyone concerned is just going through the motions whilst planning a
face-saving exit strategy from this industry-driven white elephant."
(via WDXC-UK Contact Magazine November; Mike Barraclough-UK, Nov 10)

und ein Kommentar von der WARC 2007 Genf:
Clearly, HF broadcasting is now being regarded as an antiquated,
obsolescent technology, in its various forms, including AM-DSB, AM-SSB,
and the hopelsesly flawed DRM platform.

----- Original Message ----- From: "paul gager" <>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:02 PM
Subject: [A-DX] DW fühlt sich von DRM.Sendung gestört

Na so watt!
Gibt's ja nicht.
DW fühlt sich von einer DRM Sendung gestört.

Bonaire frequency change

There's one frequency change to report. Actually it doesn't affect Radio
Netherlands transmissions, but one of our relays of other stations: Deutsche
Welle's broadcast in German to Australia and New Zealand at 0800-1000 UTC
via Bonaire has changed its frequency from today onwards due to interference
from a Spanish DRM transmission on 9780 kHz. The old frequency, 9785 kHz,
has changed to 9885 kHz.

Andy Sennitt
Media Network
Radio Netherlands