Re: [A-DX] 4865 kHz unid

Guten Abend,

die harte Nuss ist wahrscheinliche gerade auf 4864,96 kHz wieder aktiv.
Signalstärke S 2, aber bei N = 3 kommt da momentan nur O 1 in peaks O 2 an.
Gibt es irgenwo besseren Empfang.

vy 73 Wolf-Dieter

Wolfgang Bueschel schrieb:
War da nicht vorgestern ein laengerer thread über
die Menonitenstation (mit Plattdeutsch) in Bolivien,
mit einem 1 kW HCJB Sender aus Indiana USA.

siehe unten noch einige gute Logs, ausserhalb vom Störnebel hier zu lande.
73 wolfgang

** BOLIVIA. RADIO LOGOS --- Glenn, They are on both frequencies. 4865
kHz is a 1 kW HCJB solid state transmitter on a lazy H fed with open
wire; an antenna that I installed in about 1988. Their first
transmitter was an old 500 Watt tube Phillips made in Brazil with a
crystal and a thumb screw on it that you could move the carrier around
to minimize interference from the competition! The original frequency
was approx. 4855 until about 1991 when I installed two 5 KW
transmitters, one on MW and one on the 4855 frequency.

In about yr. 2000 the government moved them to 4865. The 5 kW
transmitter was used on 4865 until they got the 1 kW solid state
transmitter, retiring the 5 kW tube because electric cost was a big
factor.

Then in Dec. 2005 we resurrected the 5 kW tube transmitter, moved it
to 6165 for their new frequency and fed the new phased dipole antenna
installed at that time.

The original station was RCN [meaning Centenario?] and they call the
new station R. Logos but the transmitter location is still the same,
dating back to 1988. The station is now broadcasting in 7 languages
spoken in Bolivia including Plaudietsch, the German dialect used by
the Mennonites in the area (Wayne Borthwick, VA7GF, Jan 25, DX
LISTENING DIGEST)

Glenn, we have may have a solution for the unID station heard in
"German" or "Afrikaans" since the end of December on 4865 kHz. If I'm
not wrong I have read a report from Carlos Gonçalves from Portugal on
DXLD and as you have suggested the answer may be "Bolivia".

Max van Arnhem told me that the language sounded like "Platduits", a
German/Dutch dialect spoken by Mennonites also in South America. After
Max considerations and after a check of the frequency from his
location in Rio de Janeiro, Rocco Cotroneo have found this link that
may explain the strange transmission heard lately.
http://www.latcom.org/swradio.htm

Good dx and thanks for your help! (Renato Bruni
http://www.radioascolto.org/html/index.php
Jan 25, DX LISTENING DIGEST) Viz.:

Outreach News, December 3, 2006 >>>>>

Short Wave Radio

Radio Logos joined Radio Centenario this year to broadcast the Gospel
in Short Wave to the rural and unreached portions of the country of
Bolivia. Hidden in the many valleys of the country and along isolated
rivers, there are many people who have no access to the Gospel except
through Short Wave Christian radio.

Last year in April we received the permit to put Radio Logos on the
air. We are not only broadcasting in Spanish, but also in some of the
minority indigenous languages of the country such as Ayoré,
Chiquitano, and Simba Guaraní. We will be adding other languages. With
the two transmitters, we will be able to divide signals as well as
combine the signals for special programming. At the request of
missionaries to the Mennonites (see article below), we also have begun
a one-hour daily program in low German for the large Mennonite
settlements.

One family wrote from the area of Comarapa saying they had accepted
Christ as a family while listening to the program, ``Reflections for
Today.``

Another family contacted us from the San Julian River area. They said,
``We`re so happy to be able to hear a Christian radio since moving
into this region. We were lonely and isolated, but the radio is making
a difference. The program, ?Strengthening Your Faith? was great
encouragement to us as we seek to witness for Christ.``

Above: Radio Logos will reach into isolated valleys and villages with
the Gospel.

Peter Friesen, a missionary to the Mennonites, has told us what a help
the fixed frequency, solar-powered Galcom radios are in this ministry
to the colonies outside of Santa Cruz. Many listeners are becoming
believers and depend daily on the radio for spiritual help.

Isolated villages of the Ayoré in Bolivia and Paraguay listen to the
radio with their Galcom receivers. Listener reports are coming in from
the mountainous areas of Bolivia and the lowland plains and jungles.
Potosí, Sucre, San Borjas, Tarija, Trinidad, and the Bolivian border
with Argentina are a few of the places where the people are listening.
In many cities and towns of Bolivia, there are FM stations, but they
do not reach those who are most isolated.

Pray for Radio Logos and Radio Centenario as they proclaim the Gospel
daily to the lonely and unreached areas of Bolivia which still can
only be reached by Short Wave.?

Go to: LATCOM Home: http://www.latcom.org/index.htm (via DXLD)

Here`s another page on the same site which says they are only using
one frequency, contradicting above info, since 4865 was the `old` one
and 6165 the `new` one, but anyhow, no more R. Centenario. Since this
is one of those listen-only-to-us ministries handing out fixed-tuned
Galcom radios, they need to pick a frequency and stick to it (gh)

RADIO IN MINORITY LANGUAGES --- SHARING THE GOSPEL ON SHORT WAVE
RADIO, IN SPANISH AND INDIGENOUS LANGUAGES
http://www.latcom.org/radio.htm

Christian Radio in Bolivia

A Guarani Indian in the eastern jungle of Bolivia wakes up with the
sun and turns on his short wave receiver and hears for the first time
the Bible taught in his own language...

LATCOM and EPLABOL is now using only one radio frequency. We reported
in July that we would have a two frequency strategy. Both in rural
eastern Bolivia, the older Short Wave frequency would air the Gospel
to the Spanish-speakers, and the new SW frequency would broadcast in
several indigenous languages.

In re-examining its vision and goals, EPLABOL has decided to give up
the older Short Wave radio frequency as well as the AM broadcast, both
known as Radio Centenario.

At the same time, we have re-affirmed our commitment to broadcasting
the Gospel to hard to reach villages in eastern Bolivia. EPLABOL will
use the new Short Wave frequency to air Christian programing in
Spanish and in several native languages. Two thousand solar-powered,
Short Wave receivers are now being distributed.

Local Christian broadcasting in Bolivia began with LATCOM in 1984. In
two decades, dozens of missions, ministries, and denominations have
followed LATCOM?s radio trailblazing.

At the core of LATCOM?s mission philosophy is to train and equip local
Christians who are finding new ways to reach their own people with the
Gospel. In keeping with this core value, LATCOM and EPLABOL are
redirecting our resources away from broadcasting to leadership
development as well as to new indigenous radio ministries, such as
Pablo Chuve?s work with the Chiquitano people of Lomerio.

Lomerio Radio

In 2001 missionary Ray Rising approached LATCOM about the need to
broadcast the Bible in the Chiquitano language to the Lomerio region.
LATCOM missionary Tim Ramsey contacted Pablo Chuvé about installing a
solar powered recording studio in his home to record the New Testament
and also chronological Bible studies.

In 2002 a team from a U.S. church helped to install the studio. While
at Chuvé?s home, Tim saw the great spiritual need of the region. He
talked with Pablo and Miguel Ípamo, a local pastor and the voice of
the new Chiquitano Bible recordings, about their vision of reaching
their people with the Gospel (via DXLD)

Hi Renato and Glenn, Some details more on this topic:

Friesen, Martin W., Menno Ediger, Isbrand Hiebert and Mumaw Gerald.
(1987). "Bolivia." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online.
Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 January
2007 http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B665.html

Looks like the Mennonite migration to Bolivia goes back half a century
ago, around Santa Cruz area (Andy Lawendel, Italy, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)