Re: [A-DX] 248

  • Subject: Re: [A-DX] 248
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:48:04 +0200

Zu diesem Thema weiters:
... und soeben kam das neue DX Magazine vom WorldWide DX Club herein:

SAINT HELENA   The following was received from Robert Kipp regarding the
Radio St. Helena project earlier today (Sunday):

"Hello Fellow DXers, Radio St. Helena informs all DXers that RSH has a "pile
of envelopes (with QSL's) just waiting to be posted". The delay, at the
moment, is because the good ship RMS St. Helena (the only official mail
carrier), is currently in dry dock in Cape Town (the home port) for some
repairs. This means that the RMS is way behind schedule in delivering
people, cargo, and mail. When the RMS does sail again to St. Helena, she
will go straight back to Cape Town.

Therefore, the QSL's will not be posted until "end August / early Sep.". I
assume that that means that the QSL's will be mailed (airmail) from South
Africa, but it could mean that the cards will not be sent until the RMS
sails again to Ascension island. From there, the QSL's would go to the UK
and then on to the rest of the world.

RSH reports that "all the 2007 Reports received have been QSL'd".
(Naturally, only the correct reports.) This does NOT mean that ALL the
reports SENT to RSH also arrived at RSH (unfortunately). Regarding 2006 / 2007 QSL's, I have been in contact with RSH and have passed along information from several DXers. Rich D'Angelo in USA sent me a list with about 17 names. I was directly contacted by DXers from Brazil (RS), France (CG), Spain (SG and MM), Holland (AB and HJB), USA (KA), Germany (KE), and Switzerland (CAS). I hope that all these QSL-questions have been clarified.

Thank-you one and all for your patience.
With best regards, Robert Kipp for Radio St. Helena"
(via Rich D'Angelo-PA-USA, July 20, NASWA yg via DXLD, wwdxc DXM)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 8:31 PM

Matthias, das Schiff lag doch (für eine Tour AFS-ASC) im Dock von Kapstadt
zur Reparatur, deshalb hat die nächste Postladung so spät die restliche Welt
erreicht.
wb

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dr. Matthias Zwoch" Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 8:23 PM

renato.bagattini schrieb:
Da keimt Hoffnung auf: ich warte noch immer.
Schönen Abend,
Renato

Ich hab heute auch eine abbekommen. MS St. Helena scheint wieder mal in
einem UK Hafen festgemacht zu haben.
73 de Matthias