[A-DX] Noch ein Anlauf: Mobiles Satellitenradio für Europa

  • Subject: [A-DX] Noch ein Anlauf: Mobiles Satellitenradio für Europa
  • From: "D. Name auf Wunsch gelöscht" <douglas.kaehler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:44:20 +0100

Nachdem das mobile Satellitenradio von Worldspace nicht über ein paar
Testfahrten hinauskommt, plant ONDAS MEDIA einen Versuch für 2012: In neuen
Renaults, Nissans und BMWs soll ein entsprechendes Empfangsgerät
eingeschraubt sein - und einen tollen Hörfunksender hat man auch schon an
Bord gezogen: RTL RADIO.

Ich bin gespannt ob's was wird, zudem man anscheinend auch FTA, sprich
kostenlos empfangbare, Programme anbieten will.
Digitalradioprojekte, in denen RTL mitwirkt, müssen ja eigentlich Erfolg
haben. Ähem.

Wer Flash mag, darf unter http://www.ondasmedia.com mal gucken.
Hier das Original via DXLD:

Ajax World Magazine
By: PR Newswire
Madrid
November 23, 2009

ONDAS Media S.A., the satellite radio company for Europe, has agreed a radio

and content cooperation deal to broadcast Luxembourg-based RTL RADIO on
ONDAS Media's digital satellite radio platform scheduled for launch in 2012.

The agreement will enable digital satellite radio listeners to enjoy RTL
RADIO anywhere in Europe. ONDAS Media's satellite radio will be available
through mobile and portable devices and in-car, through leading vehicle
manufacturers including Renault, Nissan and BMW.

"RTL RADIO is part of RTL Group - Europe's largest TV, radio and content
production company," confirms Dave Krueger, CEO of ONDAS Media. "The station

is hugely popular in Germany and our partnership agreement will see one of
RTL's existing programs - RTL RADIO - die besten Hits aller Zeiten' - being
transmitted through a free-to-air channel across the internationally
recognized borders of 27 European countries."

"In addition, ONDAS will provide the capacity for three 'specialized',
advertising-free radio channels for RTL RADIO," continues Krueger. "We will
now work together to develop mutually agreed formats and programming
line-ups for these additional channels, which will be carried exclusively on

the ONDAS service.

"Our goal is to promote the development of a proven customer base for
satellite digital radio by creating and commercializing content partnerships

with leading European content providers in preparation for our full-service
launch," explains Krueger. "Partnering with Europe's leading broadcasters
such as RTL RADIO will ensure we have both premier existing content
available on our platform and also that we can develop new, specialized
content with Europe's foremost content production companies."

"Satellite radio is set to change the listening habits of European consumers

on an unprecedented scale, only comparable with the listening revolution
that has followed the introduction of satellite radio in the US," explains
Holger Richter, Director, RTL RADIO. "We are excited to be such an integral
part of ONDAS Media's plans to bring satellite radio to Europe and see this
as an excellent opportunity to extend the availability of our quality
content to a European-wide audience for the first time."

Through a fully integrated, digital satellite transmission network, ONDAS
will broadcast its multi-lingual radio, music, video and data services
directly to European consumers in their automobiles, trucks, homes, offices
and to their mobile and portable devices. It will provide digital
entertainment to 250 million vehicles and up to 500 million European
inhabitants on the move 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through more than 150
channels of proprietary and re-distributed music, sports, news, weather,
traffic and special interest programming in all the
key European languages.

About ONDAS
ONDAS Media S.A. (ONDAS), Europe's premier satellite media company, is a
pan-European organisation that provides comprehensive digital services for
consumers on the move. ONDAS focuses on delivering unparalleled breadth and
depth of media content in superior digital quality to European consumers.
With its fully integrated, state-of-the-art digital satellite transmission
network, ONDAS intends to broadcast its multi-lingual radio, music, video,
and data services directly to European consumers in their automobiles,
trucks, homes, offices and to their mobile and portable devices.
In addition to securing further investment and supporting the necessary
regulatory process throughout Europe, ONDAS Media is establishing strategic
partnerships with European OEMs as well as radio and content providers.