[A-DX] Voice of Asena

  • Subject: [A-DX] Voice of Asena
  • From: Patrick Robic <patrick.robic@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:01:42 +0100

Hallo !

Am 16.2. um 1730 UTC begann die Voice of Asena auf 9610 kHz mit halbstündigen Sendungen Richtung Eritrea. Das Programm wird von TDP gebrokert und wird vermutlich via Rußland ausgestrahlt. Die Sendung war gestern mit etwas verspätetem s/on um 1731 UTC ganz gut mit SINPO 34433 zu hören.
Web: http://www.assenna.com/
E-mail: aseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Über die oben genannte e-mail Adresse kam innerhalb eines Tages eine Antwort mit Infos zum Programm:

Dear Patrick Thanks a lot for detailed reception report about our first radio broadcast - Voice of Asena to Eritrea. We are happy to hear that our radio programme intended to Eritrea was received in Austria. At the same time we congratulate you that you were the second person to give us feedback through your detailed report. Please consider this as verification of your repor as we don't have QSL-card yet.

Considering that you don't know our language your report is accurate. I am the one who was introducing Voice of Asena - after the intro by the female as you rightly described it. I was talking about the aims and objectives of Voice of Asena so that our followers in Eritrea and the rest of the region will know who we are and our main programme is going to be. VOA's man objective is to promote freedom of expression among Eritrean as we have a dictatorial regime who doesn't allow that basic right to our people. So, taking advantage of the freedom we have in exile we are challenging the regime so that to bring about democratic change. We are trying to be the voice of the voiceless at home. The response we have got yesterday after our first broadcast was unbelievable. As it has been the case with our website, the radio broadcast has also been the talk of the country among the people inside Eritrea and in the diaspora.

By the way 'Asena' in our local language is a sigh of happiness. If someone is happy about something - says 'Asena!'

Thank you very much for being the first person to send us feedback.

Best Regards

Founder and director of Voice of Asena

73,
Patrick