[A-DX] Fw: [dx_india] AIR Port Blair 4760

  • Subject: [A-DX] Fw: [dx_india] AIR Port Blair 4760
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:48:44 +0200

Für die 4760 kHz Hörer, 73 wb

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jose Jacob, VU2JOS" <vu2jos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "dx_india" Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 4:15 PM
Subject: [dx_india] AIR Port Blair 4760

DX LISTENING DIGEST 11-28, July 14, 2011 given the following info.
INDIA. At least in the last two days AIR Port Blair has been off 4760 kHz
which made me thrilled hoping I could get Leh, but only Swaziland. What a
disappointment having waited for this situation!
(Victor Goonetilleke, Sri Lanka, 4S7VK, DXplorer July 4 via BC-DX 11 July
via DXLD)

Info by Jose Jacob:
Enquiry with AIR Port Blair shows that currently they are running at low
power on SW (4760 & 7390 and that some maintanace work is in progress there.
By the way their MW Tower fell down last year and they were on low power on
684 kHz also with temporary arrangement. The station is not cuurently heard
by me on MW or SW currently.

No luck with AIR Leh also on 4760 currently.
73
Jose Jacob, VU2JOS
National Institute of Amateur Radio
Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad 500082, India
www.qsl.net/vu2jos www.niar.org