[A-DX] Japan news

  • Subject: [A-DX] Japan news
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 10:37:23 +0200

Vielleicht interessieren diese ungefilterten Nachrichten auch uns ?

JAPAN   Dear radio friends, Please see the JSWC Bulletin DX News of the
month.

The first topic is about continued suspension of Japan's Radio Nikkei 2nd
broadcast during the week. In order to deal with the electric power shortage
caused by nuclear power plant accident, Radio Nikkei 2nd broadcast continues
to suspend its weekday transmission. They only air a test signal from 2300
to 2325 UT on weekdays Japan time. At present, they air from 2300 through
0900 UT only on Saturdays and Sundays on 3945, 6115 and 9760 kHz.

Radio Nikkei's 1st broadcast is aired from 2225 through 1500 UT on weekdays,
and from 2155 through 1200 or 1230 on weekends. Frequencies for 1st
broadcast are 3925, 6055 and 9595 kHz.

We are advised to reduce 15 % of electric power usage during the months of
July through September. I have changed all light bulbs to LED type and
purchased an electric fan to reduce the air-conditioner on time. Major
companies decided to work on Saturday and Sunday and take holidays on
weekdays when the power consumption is larger than the weekend.

We don't have Day-light saving [sic] time, but some companies have announced
to work half an hour or an hour earlier this summer. People here are very
much interested in energy saving idea and some people plant an ivy to get
shadow from Sun to reduce an air-conditioner on time. We will see how these
idea will work in Summer.
(Toshi Ohtake-JPN, JSWC, P.O.Box 44, Kamakura 248-8691, Japan,
via Dario Monferini-ITA, playdx yg May 31 via dxld)