[A-DX] Clayton Howard, HCJB

  • Subject: [A-DX] Clayton Howard, HCJB
  • From: Christoph Ratzer <dx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:32:31 +0100

Für alle denen zB ANDEX noch was sagt..., via DXplorer:

Hello Friends:

Some sad news to report--our friend and long-time DX Partyline host, Clayton Howard, passed away early this morning at the age of 92.

Like many DXplorers who were teens in the 60's and 70's, I looked forward to tuning into Clayton and his wife, Helen, on HCJB's DX Partyline to get shortwave tips and just know that there were many others who loved this hobby as much as I did.

It was a dream come true for me to eventually host DX Partyline and co-host my first four programs with Clayton himself! He was a soft-spoken person--maybe the most humble person I've ever met--but full of humor and, like many engineers, very logical!

I'll pass along the official biography as soon as it's released from HCJB.

Rich

Richard McVicar, AB2FN
On the outskirts of Navarino
New York