[A-DX] Fw: R Prague Mailbox: end of SW

  • Subject: [A-DX] Fw: R Prague Mailbox: end of SW
  • From: "Wolfgang Bueschel" <BueschelW@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:59:13 +0100

aus dxld:

auch die Langwelle in Topolna Czech Republic wird bald umgeschubst werden,
vielleicht 2 Jahre früher als der DLF, wenn denn bei uns dann DAB+
landesweit eingeführt ist.  73 wolfgangg

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Cooper" <ki4hqd@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 4:57 PM
Subject: [dxld] R Prague Mailbox: end of SW

Original, with audio links, at:
http://www.radio.cz/en/section/mailbox/mailbox-2011-01-23

Mailbox
  23-01-2011 01:01 | Pavla Horakova

  Today in Mailbox: As Radio Prague's last day on shortwave approaches
  we'll hear from the head of Radio Prague Miroslav Krupicka about the
  station's immediate and long-term prospects.
?
  A listener from the US enquired about the possibility of utilizing the
  longwave transmitter at Topolna covering a large part of Europe for
  Radio Prague's foreign language programs part of the day. Is anything
  like that being considered?

  "Yes, I've been discussing this option with my colleagues within Czech
  Radio. It's quite tough because currently, the longwave is allocated to
  domestic broadcasts, one of the domestic stations of Czech Radio
  broadcasts on longwave. But we've been discussing this anyway. But
  overall, longwave is being considered for closure as well, for
  budgetary reasons, for financial reasons, because to maintain longwave
  and well as shortwave is quite expensive and Czech Radio cannot afford
  that. So probably the days of longwave broadcasting are numbered within
  Czech Radio as well. So there is no long term prospect for Radio Prague
being on longwave."