[A-DX] VOA Radiogram for the weekend of 22-23 June

Roger
So Jun 23 12:07:11 CEST 2013

Am 21.06.2013 21:37, schrieb VOA Radiogram:
 > We had an excellent  response to the VOA Radiogram of 15 and 16 June.
Thanks for your reports and attachments.
 > I am still analyzing the audio and screenshots you have sent. It's
all fascinating.
 > As I expected, many of you lost the ability to decode MFSK16 when it
was reduced to -12 dB under the noise that was mixed with it.
 > I was surprised, however, at the number of listeners who copied all
of the MFSK16 at that level. Many of these listeners are in Europe.

 > For the weekend of 21 and 22 June, the number of reports I receive
might be reduced somewhat by the amateur radio Field Day exercise here
in North America.
 > I hope you can take a break from Field Day and tune in to one of the
VOA Radiogram airplays.
 > This weekend's main experiment will involve the EasyPal digital image
system.
 > We will use a more robust 4-QAM setting, rather than the 16-QAM
setting of previous weeks.
 > As a result, the EasyPal image transmission will occupy seven minutes
of the next broadcast, rather than the usual 2:40.
 > The reward for this long EasyPal transmission might be a successful
decode of the EasyPal image if it has not succeeded before.
 > Because it does require seven minutes of a 29-minute program, we will
not transmit 4-QAM EasyPal images on a regular basis. Download EasyPal
from vk4aes.com.
 > Kim Andrew Elliott
 > Producer and Presenter
 > VOA Radiogram

This time I had problems with the Easypal image of the first run on USB.
The second run then I made with the audio of LSB.
In the decoding program [EasyPal] all correct pieces of USB-passage were
obtained / used.
Only the missing or incorrect parts had to be supplemented from the LSB-area
What a great error correction!
Here is the result of the total tranmission:

http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2012-06-22.htm

received   June 22nd 2013 on 17860 kHz in Germany,  16-16.30z

roger