[A-DX] Digital text and images this weekend from Radio Australia

Roger
Sa Mai 18 11:22:01 CEST 2013

Am 17.05.2013 16:42, schrieb Glenn Hauser:
 > Kim, I assume you mean 12065, RA`s usual frequency, not 12095. Glenn
 >> PS: please revive http://www.kimandrewelliott.com !
 >> --- On Fri, 5/17/13, kd9xb <> wrote:
 >
 >     Radio Australia joins the shortwave broadcasters that are
experimenting with digital text and images via analog shortwave
broadcast transmitter. The five-minute broadcasts will include text in
MFSK16 and MFSK32 and an image in MFSK32. It will be very interesting to
see how well the digital modes perform over the long trans-Pacific path.
 >     Saturday 18 May and Sunday 19 May 2013
 >     UTC                    kHz                        Target
 >     0830-0835      7410 11945        south-west Pacific
 >     1230-1235      9580 12095        south Pacific
 >     Details:
voaradiogram.net/post/50573915377/radio-australia-digital-text-and-image-may-18-and-19

==========================================================================================================================

LOG on 11.945kHz @ 08.31z
QTH: D-06193 Petersberg/Germany       ANT:  Dipol for ~12 MHz RX:
IC-R75+STUDIO1+Fldigi 3.21.72
Decoding audio from the USB-area, in LSB at times disturbing
foreign-data pulses
Because the show started late, there was no image transmission more.
73+55 roger

==========================================================================================================================

This is Radio Australia transmitting in the MFSK16 digital text
mode. MFSK16 has a speed of about 58 words per minute.

Digital text via an analogue shortwave broadcast transmitter
provides an opportunity for content to be received in challenging
reception conditions, when voice broadcasts may be difficult to
understand.

Please send reception reports, if possible with screenshots and
audio samples, to

Next from Radio Australia, digital text in the MFSK32 mode.

This is Radio Australia transmitting in the MFSK32 digital text
mode. MFSK32 has a speed of about 120 words per minute.

With a focus on Asia and the Pacific, Radio Australia offers an
Australian perspective. Our content on radio, web, mobile and
through social media encourages conversation and the sharing of
ideas between Australians and the diverse people and cultures of
the Asia Pacific.

As the international radio and online service of the Australian
Broadcasting Corporation (ABC,) Radio Australia has a rich
history as a producer of content that is educational, informative
and entertaining and that serves to expand horizons, shape
opinions and broaden regional views on topical issues.

Our content explains Australian culture and society and includes
news and analysis, English Language Learning and information
about Australia.

Please send reports on reception of this digital text
transmission to  If possible,
screenshots and audio samples would also be
appreciated.

Next from Radio Australia, an image in the MFSK32 mode.