[A-DX] [dxld] VOA Radiogram, 19-20 April 2014

Roger
Mo Apr 21 16:30:47 CEST 2014

Am 18.04.2014 13:26, schrieb Kim Andrew Elliott:
> Hello friends,
>
> Last weekend's experiment with the "mystery mode," MFSK8 as it turned
> out, was mostly successful. I reduced the level of the MFSK8 to 8 dB
> below the level of the MFSK32, because unattenuated MFSK8 at a
> piercing audio frequency of 2300 Hz can be rather painful to listen to.
>
> This weekend, we'll repeat the contact information and schedule in
> MFSK8, but we'll move it to 1000 Hz, which is easier on the ear. With
> MFSK32 and MFSK8 both at full level, a distorted, other-worldly sound
> resulted. So I reduced the MFSK8 to 4 dB under the MFSK32. You can
> still hear what sounds like distortion, but it should be harmless.
> Probably. I hope.

I believe the level of tones from a human perspective not matter.
No one listens to "QRM" 30 minutes - certainly not with his own ears.
The main thing is: FLDIGI  like these sounds. ;-)

http://www.rhci-online.de/VoA_Radiogram_2014-04-19.htm

roger