[A-DX] R. Seagull

Tom DF5JL
Do Aug 21 14:12:57 CEST 2014

Ein Hinweis für diejenigen unter euch, die schon in den 60er, 70er, und
80er Jahren gerne Offshore-Radiostationen gehört haben: Radio Seagull
("Möwe") sendet nun täglich live vom Radioschiff "LV Jenni Baynton",
jeweils von 1700-0500 UTC auf 1602 kHz sowie weltweit online via
radioseagull.com und iTunes. Diese Sendungen laufen bis zum 31. August.

Für die Online-Live-Übertragungen wird das Mittelwellensignal genutzt,
um weltweit allen Hörern auch echtes "Mittelwellen-Feeling" zu vermitteln.

-------

Andy Sennitt writes on Facebook

For those of you who liked listening to offshore radio in the 60s, 70s,
and 80s a reminder that Radio Seagull has begun its live broadcasts from
its radio ship, the LV Jenni Baynton, daily at 1700-0500 UTC on 1602 kHz
and online worldwide at radioseagull.com and iTunes. These will continue
through 31st August.

For the live broadcasts, the web feed is using the mediumwave signal,
thus giving you the feel of listening on mediumwave wherever you are.

Coming up tonight at 2300 UTC is Bob Noakes, formerly of RNI and Radio
Caroline. The schedule changes each day, so everyone is on the air but
at different times. I'll be on board for the whole of next week, and
really looking forward to it. Joining us next week is Carl Kingston, who
some of you will remember from the Voice of Peace. For updated schedules
and photos visit our special Facebook page - Radio Seagull Offshore 2014.

Andy adds in a footnote:

Normally our radio ship is anchored in the harbour at Harlingen, in
Friesland. But every so often, we go out to sea to promote the station
and make a small amount of money by offering visitors the chance to come
and visit the ship.

August 31st 2014 is the 40th anniversary of the closure of RNI and Radio
Veronica when the Dutch passed their own Marine Offences Act. The
British equivalent had already been in force since 14 August 1967.
But Radio Veronica was soon back on the air, landbased and licensed.
On board the Jenni Baynton are several mediumwave transmitters, but we
are only licensed to broadcast on 1602 kHz. The whole station is run by
people who love radio and rock music

Our thanks to Mike Terry for the above information

Source: http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2014/august/radio_seagull.htm