[A-DX] Perseus online

Wolfgang Bueschel
Sa Jul 5 18:59:03 CEST 2014

Um 1645 UT kann ich kein connection aufbauen:
80.213.249.22
kennwort  - Kleinschreibung - ohne Punkt ?

Auch doppelt 'gemoppelt' habe die Zone im Firewall zusätzlich geöffnet,
bringt aber nichts.

73 wolfgang df5sx

Port Forward Rules Kommentar bei

http://www.montefusco.com/perseuscs/

The connection is established but you have neither audio nor spectrum.

If the server you are using is reported working well and is able to pass the
previous tests, check your router configuration, pay attention to the udp
8015 port you have configured into the port forwarding rule. If the rule
sounds right, double check that the IP address you specified for you PC is
yet the same: the DHCP could have changed it under the cover.

In such case we need to check that an UDP stream incoming is permitted on
our firewall and we cannot rely on the Perseus client as test program.

Fortunately, there is another more powerful tool (downloadable here)
http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm
that manages to fulfill our necessity. This utility

  1.. creates a process listening on the udp or tcp port selected

  2.. with the help of an external server, generates an incoming packet (or
socket) and checks if this packet or session really reaches the computer
therefore is able to check if the whole chain is properly working.

More sophisticated routers implement several techniques in an attempt to
avoid or limit kwnon attacks. The streams the Perseus server emits are
similar to well known attack pattern, therefore those routers can
erroneously block the stream or severely degrade the quality of the Perseus'
stream.

Follows a list of some of typical configuration parameters as found
in common routers/firewall:

  a.. SPI (stateful packet inspection)

  b.. UDP Flood

  c.. asymmetric (or partial done) UDP/TCP session

  d.. denial of service

Moreover this features are worth disabling because are CPU hungry and could
degrade the performance of the system.

Good informations on how to configure many routers can be found here:
http://portforward.com/
oder Deutsch  http://portforward.com/langs/deutsch.htm